Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Hidden store in Tiong Bahru Market - King of chilli Yi Mian

How many of you love eating at the non stranger Tiong Bahru Market? I'm one of them as there are many famous and yummy food located within the 2nd story market.
Recently I was introduced to "King of chilli yi mian" by Irene from foodwanderers. This gem store is located right at the back of the market which I guess many of you might only explore on the left and right side of the market.

After trying the noodles by Mr Rick, I told myself to explore further in future at any market for gem store like this too!
King of Chilli Yi Mian sells only 3 types of noodles which I think is good for people who can't make up their mind on what to eat if given many choice.

Located at #02-49 of Tiong Bahru Market,
Mr Rick the owner of the Taiwan-Singapore Fusion Noodle bring into Singapore this Taiwan Yi Mian noodles.

The texture is smooth and tender and it's imported from Taiwan (Nan Tou) which they only supply to Mr Rick in Singapore. The fragrance and taste of the soup is great along with the handmade ingredients and sauce in it.
I find it great for both spicy and non-spicy lovers as you can choose your own spicy level as well as good for both dry mee and soup mee lovers.
Look at that chilli which you can add as much as you like 😱

Mr Rick mentioned there's no MSG added which really amazes me. The soup really taste of long hour brew using pork bone.
I added too much chilli for this 😅

The soup serving.


The black sauce is still my favorite among the 3 types of serving!
I guess it still depend on individual liking to how they like their noodle to taste like. I personally preferred the dry one as the noodle are more QQ ( Chewy and bouncy )😍 and the soup is really a must drink!!!!



What are you waiting for? No harm to try right!
King of chilli Yi Mian
Located at:
Tiong Bahru Market
Level 2 #02-49
30 Seng Poh Road
Singapore 168898
Opening Hours:
7am to 4pm Daily




Disclaimer: I was invited for a tasting and it was provided for personal review purposes only. All reviews are 100% honest and based on my personal experience. No monetary compensation of any kind was given or received for this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment